Being a nursing student - difficult, but worth it. I posted earlier this week about my experience with labor & delivery. Yesterday I worked in postpartum - where mother and baby stay until discharge. I was able to teach my patient helpful information for when she was discharged from the hospital - things she should call the doctor about, how to mix formula, symptoms of postpartum depression, even how to give a baby bath. I also did some work in the nursery, assessing the babies. :)
Joe doing homework, checking email, playing a game, something.... a typical sight in the Horst home.
Joe has started babysitting a little baby boy this week, and he loves it! I have to say, too, that he really has a gift for it. He's learning how the baby likes to be held and the best ways to comfort him. It's such a cool thing to witness as his wife!
This week we registered the car... and paid $35.00 in taxes. Yuck.
Did anyone else know that you pay over $30 in taxes when you register your vehicle?! I was shocked. Here Joe and I are expecting just the $10 to get the title... boy were we wrong! All though, I guess right now our government needs all the money it can get.
On the positive side, the leaves are starting to turn. I'm so excited for fall!
Today was kind of a gross day - chilly with a misty rain. On the other hand, it's nice knowing that fall is just around the corner. I'm pretty sure fall is my favorite season of the year (in Virginia, at least). Maybe if I were somewhere else it would be different?
A vine-covered fence. Pretty!


Tell me more about this babysitting gig!
ReplyDelete