15 January 2009

The swing

You ain't got a thing, if you don't got that swing... right?


Getting ready to play "The Castle"

So anyway, getting back into the routine of school has been somewhat of a rough transition compared to winter break with family! Setting alarms, homework, meetings... all things I did not experience over Christmas. I'm excited, though, to go through this one last semester and challenge myself to strive to be the best I can be!


Tying my shoes to go on a walk... 10000 steps a day!

I'm taking a yoga-lates (yoga+pilates) class with Shannon this semester, and I'm super excited about it! I've taken this class before and really enjoyed it, but I didn't have the time to go every week. You see, the class is on Tuesdays & Thursdays, which are the days I have clinical. So it can be pretty hard sometimes to motivate myself to keep going after a rough day.


And the schoolwork starts again...

Pi Mu
, the local chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International (a nursing honor society), has appointed me as their student rep for EMU this semester. It's a huge honor and I'm really excited about it! After attending a council meeting tonight, I realized it's a lot more work than I was expecting. I don't mind though, because it gives me a lot of professional experience and will help me grow as a nurse.

Just for fun, here's a video for you

A lesson learned in smashing recyclables...

Joe has now started his internship as a youth pastor/sponsor at a local church. He's doing a great job with it, too! I'm helping out, since we obviously want to be going to the same church, and I'm really enjoying it. It's a lot more work than I had realized when I was a youth for the leader to put together a Bible study or Sunday school lesson! So kudos to all of you youth pastors and Bible study leaders that do this all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment